Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Work In Progress!

Awww Prom 2012.  I Love Prom season :)  Every year I am given the honor of custom making my daughters dress.  She thinks about starting in January and usually by March she decides on something.  She explains to me what she wants and about the time I "think" I understand and start drafting a pattern, it is not always right.  But Hey we are learning, and more than anything we are communicating.   I am going to miss this next year!  

Anyways, After a few weeks of drafting, muslin, and a test dress we finalized the design.  Today I cut the Lace fabric and ran into a few sanfus--LOL   I learned to hand sew lace today :)   I thought about a dart at the corner, did not like that look, thought about gathers, but she wanted a very clean look.   Well here is it SEW far----lots of hand sewing to go, and lots of details to figure out....PROMISE it will be done before PROM.

No comments:

Post a Comment